Great for a pre-or post-workout snack!
You will need:
– Food processor
– Cupcake/muffin liners (mini)
– A small melon baller
3/4 cup (1/2 + 1/4) cup cashews
3/4 cup (1/2 + 1/4) cup almonds
1 ¼ cups pitted dates (about 1 ¼ cups)
Juice of 2 lemons
Zest from 1 lemon
Small pinch of sea salt (less than ¼ tsp)
Dried cranberries (optional)
1. Crush 1/4 cup of cashews and 1/4 cup of almonds in food processor and set aside in a bowl.
2. Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and combine until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
3. Use a melon baller to scoop mixture out of food processor bowl.
4. Drop a ball of mixture “dough” into the bowl of crushed nuts and roll to coat.
5. Put rolled and coated dough one at a time onto cupcake liners; place on a pie plate with edges.
6. Top each Power Bite with one dried cranberry (like a cherry on top – see photo).
7. Refrigerate for one hour or until ready to eat.
8. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for a grab-and-go snack (carry in disposable snack bag).