• 64 oz. chicken or vegetable broth – organic or homemade
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 4-6 artichoke hearts – water-packed, chopped
• ½ package of mushrooms, chopped
• 6 chopped asparagus – optional
• 1 egg
• 1 cooked chicken breast chopped or torn – optional
• 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice/quinoa – optional
1. Heat broth in a large pot to simmer.
2. Add chopped artichokes, uncooked mushrooms, and asparagus.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg and add the lemon juice. Slowly pour ½ cup of the hot broth into the egg mixture and stir. Then slowly pour the egg mixture back into the pot and stir into the soup.
4. If you are using the chicken and cooked rice/quinoa, add now.
6. Simmer 10 – 15 minutes and serve hot.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days; in the freezer one month. Makes enough to cook once, eat twice or more – or share!